octavia electric windows

The electric windows on a friends Skoda Octavia ('03) have stopped working, as did anothers a few weeks back, same model and year. Second friend doesn't
know what the problem was as he took it back to the dealer and they sorted it.
As it happened to two identical cars within a short space of time I thought it was a common fault, alas a google doesn't throw anything up except weak motors on new VW Beetles.
There is no fuse listed in owners manual and the car doesn't appear to have any relays according to manual. What could be the problem, switch, fuse, relay, earth or summat else, known problem? Easy to fix?

working,
doesn't
thought
have
Honest John's website has this as a bad point on the Octavia - "Quite common for drivers side window winding mechanism to fail." Don't have any more details. I imagine that a siezed mechanism would cause the fuse to blow repeatedly.