Oil Change? Ha...No Probs

Into a 45 gallon drum at home first. When I have filled five or six with waste oil, then I start thinking of a home for it.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

In news: snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk, Guy King decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

anyone who's pissed you off. Waste oil poured through their sunroof is a most satisfying feeling.

Reply to
Pete M

So it was you. You bastard!

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Don't believe the old adage "oil is oil"

If you want a car to last years dont belieb=ve the 30K/2 years of other companies and change at least once a year ot if you love your car twice a year

The below is in fact the idiots guide in our work re standrads of new oils we are spending 100s of thousands on (If not millions over the years)

-Low temperature fluidity (low pour point)

-Low volatility...i.e. resistance to evaporation and resultant oil thickening...good oil economy, additional engine protection

-High temperature oxidation resistance (of the oil itself)

-Lubricity...the oil's slipperiness

-Thermal stability...resistance to performance loss due to temperature change

-Compatibility with engine metals, elastomers (i.e. "rubber" seals), oil filter elements, paints, and finishes

-Wear protection and film strength

-Freedom from deposit formation...good dispersant and detergent characteristics

-Compatibility with other engine oils and additive packages

-Extended drain capability

-Water stability...propensity to remain separate of water molecules

-Corollary effects on an engine's octane requirements

-Ambient-startup protection...ability to protect against oil starvation during initial startup

-Anti-rust properties

-Compatibility with catalytic emission control systems

-Compatibility with alcohol-containing fuels

just change your oil every 6/9k miles at the very most - take no notice of thevstd service chgs

Reply to
hefin

Have I ever said that I did?

So *you* must actually believe the old addage then. I see.

Why are *you* reworking standards that are regularly updated by the ACEA and API and motor manufacturers themselves to ensure both absolute minimum and higher oil performance levels for 'extended' service life? To be honest, the standard of your post does not inspire confidence in the quality of your work.

Huw

Huw

Reply to
Huw