Oil filter stuck

At least one socket manufacturer has redesigned their tools to "spread force over a larger contact area, reducing rounding off and extending fastener life." I'm not sure why they'd do that if there wasn't a known issue.

John

Reply to
John Henderson

To try and sell more tools? Good quality ones have a pretty long life. So the only reason to buy new might be if they were an improvement.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I wouldn't bother if I were you , you can do more damage than good with an impact wrench if you don't know what you are doing.

Take it to a garage, it wont cost much just to get them to change the filter.

Reply to
SimonJ

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Dave Plowman (News)" saying something like:

Or, indeed, to cope with the curious alloy of cheesy-steel used in many Oriental car and bike fasteners.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon