Renault scenic question

Ive got an x reg renault scenic 1.4, just coming up to 40,000 miles, was an ex motobility car so Im presuming it was serviced regularly, runs sweetly enough. Once every couple of weeks I have to do a 500 mile round trip in one day. I have heard all about the woes of cam belts breaking so was wondering when should this be changed on a scenic. I know they can snap at any time but I can imagine it'd do a lot more damage if it snapped while travelling at greater speed. Any ideas Pete

Reply to
Pete Zahut

The message from "Pete Zahut" contains these words:

Look in the handbook - it should tell you under the maintenance intervals section.

Reply to
Guy King

Thanks for that but unfortunately I havent got the handbook. Pete

Reply to
Pete Zahut

Ask your Renault dealer. Suspect they will say 8 years or 72,000 miles or similar. I'd change it now at 40,000.

If you haven't got any of the books (you say you "presume" it was serviced regularly) can you be sure the mileage is correct? In which case I'd definitely get it changed now. Not all Motobility cars cover low mileage by any means (though most do.) If you could find out where it was serviced you may be able to request a service history printout from the dealer, find out what has been done to it and arguably add value to the car. Try Renault UK as the car may have had warranty work by the servicing dealer - or check to see if you still have the original supplying dealer name on the number plates or tax disc holder, and phone them. Got to be worth a phone call. Handbooks are also available from dealers or scrap yard.

Reply to
Doctor D.