Oil pressure

Hi,

My v6 cavalier sat idle for a fortnight waiting for me to change the gearbox on it.

Now that's done, I've got oil pressure problems. Oil light came on after driving it about 1/4 mile, accompanied by fairly noisy tappets and a clackety noise on top of that (sounds like a diesel...tractor).

Changed the oil and filter today, but still the same.

I'm suspecting the oil pressure release valve is sticking, but I don't know where it is to check (and I'm too fed up to jack the car up again tonight!)

Any suggestions would be gratefully received...

Thanks,

Iain

Reply to
Iain McLaren