Mondeo MK2 Oil pressure switch removal

Hi guys, after confirming that myy oil leak is coming from my oil pressure switch on a Mondeo MK2 1.8 petrol, I'm wondering what is the best way to remove and replace it. Access looks restricted and the best way to me seems to be to jack up the off-side front, remove the off-side wheel and remove the oil filter to gain access to the switch. Any better ways? Ta in advance.

Reply to
Tunku

jack up the whole front end, support with ramps or axle stands, slide under from the front and change it , do not overtighten and use a genuine ford switch

Reply to
Mrcheerful

"Mrcheerful" wrote in news:wKbco.97016$Vv6.49758@hurricane:

What tool should I use? I've got a 24mm deep socket, but it looks restricted under there.

Reply to
Tunku

IIRC there is enough room for a deep socket, but I think I used a ring spanner when I last changed one, but that might have just been because it is one item rather than 2, not that I am lazy, just economic.!

Reply to
Mrcheerful

"Mrcheerful" wrote in news:ZUeco.101283$Vv6.9127@hurricane:

Cheers for that, I may well have a 24 ring too.

Reply to
Tunku