I have to own one of these one day.

Just to fully experience everything that went into one. Just shows that not all Jap cars are souless, plastic and boring and without history or soul.

Reply to
Elder

Only seen the first minute thanks to BT Broadband being an utter steaming pile of s**te at any vaguely busy time, so am going to leave it to cache whilst I get myself some honey on toast, so apologies if they mention this in there, but how many were made?

If a reasonable number (which I possibly suspect not), then I'm sure we'll all have one for a grand once they get down to the low-rent pub landlord market sector of used cars....

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Check all of those bar, possibly, history. But that's only because the last model was ancient when they replaced it.

Nasty.

Reply to
SteveH

Still being made. One version upto 1997 and a later one. The later one is the one in the video I think.

I've only seen two for sale, both on Ebay, one which needed a few jobs, the other which seems to popup all the time and costing arround £5 but he won't reduce it. There was the 4.0 V8 same as the LS400, and the 5 litre V12. There are a couple more of each arround too.

Reply to
Elder

snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

That's SO nasty it could almost be an '80s Cadillac or Lincoln.

Reply to
Adrian

Just had a gander at that - still no clue as to how many they made, but it doesn't look like something with strictly limited numbers. Only limited in terms of not all that many people bought them, I guess.

5 pounds? I'd pay that without haggling? £5k perhaps?
Reply to
AstraVanMann

Yeah that one.

Reply to
Elder

Grim isn't it?

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

It's a tough call - which is most tacky - the interior or the bodywork?

Reply to
SteveH

Shit the bed that's the ugliest car I've ever seen. I have a Fiat Doblo (google it) in the drive that I'd rather been seen in that thing!

Sorry dude, I'm not onboard hehe :-)

Reply to
DanB

I was just thinking it looked just like the car we once hired in Florida, which was a Cadilliac something or other, in 1997.. It seated 5 and suitcases though, the boot was almost a joke it was that big...

Reply to
DanB

Thing is you get Yank car Starsky and Hutch, Smokey and the bandit, Dukes of Hazard era styling, with late 90's and onwards reliability and features not out of place on a Maybach.

It's a win win, a car that looks cheesy but will actually work.

Reply to
Elder

i quite like it but then i like a bit of retro, looks a bit gangsta in black too. then again i'm the type of guy that would drive an old 740 BM with dodgy window tints and think it was cool :)

Reply to
Vamp

snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Oh, definitely the interior. The exterior's just bland early '70s mid- pacific tank.

Reply to
Adrian