Online, exhaust supplier, help.

Can anyone point me to an online exhaust supplier. I have an 03 Daihatsu,

1300 Hi-Jet, Van and have just been quoted £291 fitted, for a complete exhaust system. Seems where the break in mine is, it merits a complete system :-(

Can anyone recommend an online supplier please?

Cheers all tox

Reply to
The Legend

Should be around 80 quid.....

Reply to
SteveH

Afraid they don't stock the 1300, just the 800 and 1000, Steve.

Cheers tox

Reply to
The Legend

? If neither have it listed, try giving them a bell.

Reply to
SteveH

Called them both, Buypartsbuy just have the cat...

As a matter of interest, the genuine parts are... Wait for it

Cat £821 Back box £260

Don' laugh :0(

Cheers tox

Reply to
The Legend

Get the bugger welded up?

JB

Reply to
JB

Funnily enough, my next door neighbour who is a welder, has just gone over it and said it only needs a back box (around £40) fitted, and that's exactly what it's getting.

Cheers tox

Reply to
The Legend

If it does end up needing a new cat, high-flow universal ones are available for £60-70 on ebay....

Reply to
Tony Bond

Many thanks Tony, I'll have a look at that...

Anyone got thoughts on how long a cat should last?

Surely a four year old van with less than 40k miles shouldn't need a cat?

tox

Reply to
The Legend

The Legend (trabant owners club@Nicks place.comco) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Do I look like a vet?

Not that simple. If the engine's been misfiring or overfilled with oil - or even had the wrong kind of silicone spray or sealant used in the intake piping, if the van's been taken through a deep ford, or the cat's simply been grounded - then the cat could quite easily have died through external factors.

Reply to
Adrian