OT: Driver's sunglasses

Does anyone know anywhere which sells old style driver's sunglasses?

The best description I can give is imagine the large dark lensed sunglasses you get in a pound shop with a gold frame, but with a bar accross the top with usually some plastic round it.

Basically some cheesy 70's ones they used to have the male models wear in the catalogues.

The ones in the pound shops are the closest I can find, but they're too easy to bend without the extra bar across the top and the lenses scratch too easily.

Thanks! Paul

Reply to
Paul. A. Latham

In news:EmjLc.86840$ snipped-for-privacy@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk, Paul. A. Latham decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

and if you find any "Fat Elvis" shades, gimme a shout..

Reply to
Pete M

Tight Guard Security

I think the style you're looking for were called Aviator style glasses and I'd love a pair too. All the current ones are so tiny they look daft on my fat face and they don't keep the pollen out of my eyes so well.

Reply to
Guy King

Ray-ban still make these and other "classic" styles. One selection:

't expect them to be cheap, though.

Reply to
John Laird

Ebay is your friend

Chips style sunglasses :) Would make poncherello and john proud

Ronny

Cheap reliable hosting

Reply to
Ronny

I bought a pair last week from my local chemist for £10.99 Pilot Sunglasses, there the biz.

Dave

Reply to
Rebelrouser

What you are looking for are a variant on Ray Ban Aviators, namely Ray Ban "Outdoorsman" sunglasses - they're exactly as you describe - they have an all-black (not the gold as with Aviators) thin metal frame, dark grey 'driving' lenses and a plastic bar just up from the nose piece.

Reply to
Neil Barker

Sainburys sell some at some of their stores called Foster Grants also BP sell them at wild bean sites

Reply to
michael2

Ray Ban Outdoorsman

Reply to
Saint

Thankyou for remindming me the pair i have in my head are foster grants, but i don't know if they'll still do the style i'm looking for exactly but perhaps something very similar. I can't find anywhere online too quickly that's not the same site dressed up under lots of names, so i'll call in to sainsburys and bp in the morro!

I do like the Sergenti Apogee Drivers and the Ray Ban Aviators in gunmetal but they're a lot dearer! Altho ebay is useful!

Thankyou Paul

Reply to
Paul. A. Latham