OT: Insurance

Can anybody recommend a decent yet cheap insurance company. I am 31, male, clean license, one non-fault claim, 10 years no claims bonus.

I was with Barclays and enjoyed for the last 5 years paying £170 fully comp including breakdown recovery,they have now changed underwriters and the quote has gone up slightly to £763. They were previously underwritten by UK Insurance but now work with Norwich Union.

Recent quotes have been around £400 but I am sure I can better that.

Thanks,

Andy

Reply to
Andrew P

Try

. I have been insured with them for last 2 yrs and no probs; but then again I have not has to claim, so don't know what their claims service is like.

Haggis_n_Neeps

quote has gone up slightly to £763. They were previously underwritten by UK Insurance but now work with Norwich Union. Recent quotes have been around £400 but I am sure I can better that.

Reply to
Haggis_n_Neeps

(27 ) insured thro` them after a similar story to yours. they knocked over £130 off their nearest rivals.

Reply to
Tony Morland

I've had very competitive quotes from esure. Good service too, but no free European cover (after three days).

Alec

Reply to
Alec

message

underwritten

Thanks everybody, I rang '1st Advantage' and got my quote down to £354 from a previous best of £394 (Tesco), told them I wanted to shop around but they were the best quote so far. They offered to call me back in a couple of hours and when they did I told them if they did the cover for £340 I would go ahead, the advisor said let me see what I can do and then came back with a price of £327!. He said it was a new custoemr discount, perhaps worthwhile bearing this in mind when shopping around in future.

The cover provided in terms of excesses, legal expenses courtesay car etc was as agood as any other I had seen.

Daft thing is I had rang Hastings Direct (my wife is insured with them) and they were not very competitive, however when 1st Advantage called back the advisor introduced himself as being from Hastings Direct! I already knew that these direct insurance companies advertised under different trading names but I didn't expect them to provide different quotes.

Cheers,

Andy

Reply to
Andrew P

Paid up quickly when I crashed my car (& it was my fault)

Reply to
duncanwood

Try Eagle Star they have an online quote system on thier web site.

Reply to
R. Murphy