OT: Selling a car - advice wanted

I am selling my 56 plate Avensis Colour Collection 1.8 petrol and wanted to know what the best way to sell it is. I am considering using Autotrader (website and magazine) but are there any other good forums to sell the car? The car is in very good condition, FTSH and has 24K miles on the clock - I would be looking to get somewhere around the book price given the mileage and good condition. (Appreciate this is a lot of detail, I am not trying to sell the car here just want to give you a clear idea of what I am trying to sell so you can point me in the right direction).

Also I am concerned about handling the payment once the sale is completed - any advice on the most secure method of payment and any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Andy

Reply to
AndyRP

??? (no experience, but was looking before the car for sale got nicked ...)

Reply to
Adrian C

As far as payment, a CHAPS transfer. It costs, but it's instant and guaranteed.

Chris Bartram

Agree price, take buyer to the local branch of your bank, pay the cash in over the counter.

Reply to
SteveH

Andy,

To add to the advice that's already been given in the thread.

If you advertise it in Autotrader and suchlike, then it's possible that you will be telephoned by an 'employee' of companies who will tell you that they already have buyers for your vehicle (they'll even suggest that the sale is certain) on their books, and if you send them a cash sum up-front (around £100) they'll put you onto those people - tell them to go away as it's almost certain to be a scam.

Tanner-'op

Reply to
Tanner-'op