Oxy gas refill?

My Oxygen bottle has run out...where can i get a refilled one without having to pay for rental? i will probably get through a bottle once every 10 years!

Steve

Reply to
r.p.mcmurphy

Local Calor gas depot I would think (they don't just sell Calor gas!)

I.

Reply to
Iain Miller

assuming you mean a proper size boc bottle then the only way is to get a local blacksmith or breakers yard to swap one for cash for you, or collar a boc driver, but you are not likely to find one that will help, as they get the sack if caught.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

The message from "r.p.mcmurphy" contains these words:

Which is why they like to charge rental.

Reply to
Guy King

Most scrapyards will swap a full one for an empty, and just charge for the gas. As long as their cylinder count is right, they're not interested in your rental.

Just don't go to Reliance in Poole, they blew one up today, one man dead, another critical.

And I was there just last week

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

ive heard this about scrap yards... do they use oxy-gas to cut stuff up then? suppose they get through a load of it. i rang up a few local 'friendly fabrication companies and none were interested in swapping a full one for an empty one. even offered a few quid on top of refill costs to help with their rental fees-still not interested.

Steve

Reply to
r.p.mcmurphy

Absolutely tragic :-( I've been there a fair bit as well and they're all ways really helpful and friendly.

Any more news on the injured man?

Reply to
Anon

Last I heard he was described as "fighting for life" in a burns unit, but unusually not at Odstock, it was somewhere in Sussex IIRC

The BBC website may have something about it, I heard it on South Today.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "r.p.mcmurphy" saying something like:

Critical? I'd be bloody furious.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

So is he I imagine. A contact at another local scrapyard tells me he is likely to be in hospital for a year. Allegedly they were shearing gas cylinders, and one of them was not vented. Also allegedly, charges of corporate manslaughter are in the offing.

Steve BH22

Reply to
shazzbat