Paperless car tax system. Has anyone challenged this (might be long)

No, it's a fight back against: "Trust us - we don't trust you..."

Reply to
johannes

It's Johannes - when isn't he?

Reply to
SteveH

It's not that simple SteveH, as the stoies show (link posted earlier by Mrcheerful).

johannes

I notice you forgot to answer this question...

Reply to
Adrian

I wasn't aware at the time that there wa an online option, ther letter from DVLA said I should go to PO with V5, MOT and Insurance. No online option was mentioned.

Reply to
johannes

The ability to tax a car online hasn't changed since it was introduced, oooh, probably nearly a decade ago.

Given that you haven't needed to take insurance to the PO for over a year now - so it hasn't been requested on the renewal notice - and that EVERY SINGLE V11 tax renewal has had the online details on it since they were introduced then, quite frankly, I don't believe you actually read it. You probably read what you THOUGHT it said.

Reply to
Adrian

online details are next to the registration number on the reminder. there is no mention of taking an insurance certificate to the PO, it does say take an original MOT (which was why I queried you printing your own)

Reply to
Mrcheerful