PAS fluid and my clutch.

Had all the PAS fluid drop out a week or so ago, and since the clutch has been giving me a bit of a squeal when setting off in first, though it doesn't seem to be slipping. Anything to worry about?

Reply to
Doki

I'm not sure if the fluid could get onto the clutch. If it did and the clutch works ok, it'll probably burn off in a few weeks.

Are you sure its not the alternator belt or PAS belt that's slipping? It doesn't take much to set these squealing and they're only a few quid to replace.

DP

Well, it's only when I set off in first (and reverse, IIRC), generally the first time I move the car after it's been hanging around a while.

Reply to
Doki