People sitting on cars

The message from Duncanwood contains these words:

As you can on many more recent cars if you drive 'em with the screen out.

Reply to
Guy King

.Wonder what it must have been

My wife rides a 55 model. She says its fantastic. Or were you talking about something else?

Arthur

Reply to
Davao

Perhaps it is more a function of the shape of the panel than the thickness of the metal. Remember how people used to thing the old Beetles were made of thicker steel - It was the 'egg' shape that created the impression.

John

Reply to
john

Very true actually. The roof on my car is very flimsy, occasionally when I'm washing it, I push it in slightly (but it springs back). It feels like I could push my had straight through it, but I'm not going to try.

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk