Petrol Pipe

Gentlemen,

Having had another look at the corroded section of 10mm steel fuel pipe I've ditched the plastic tubing idea and gone with copper pipe and brass compression fittings instead. Standard plumbing gear IOW. This is no doubt the wrong time to ask this question since the job's done, but is there anything in the MOT regs that would cause any issue with what I've done? If there is I'll just have to break-out the extra-thick underseal I guess.;) Anyone know?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Unlikely to be an issue, unless it could be considered as 'insecure'.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

THanks, Chris. I notice they don't even mention corrosion of fuel pipes, the implication being that so long as they're not actually leaking, any degree of corrosion is permissible! In my case, the appearance of heavy corrosion turned out to be more than just skin-deep. As I scraped the rust away, fuel began to seep out, so there was a real safety issue present that the test would not have picked up on, it appears.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom