Petrol smell

Hey folks,

Since I got in the car this afternoon there has been a wiff of petrol in the inside! ... I have looked all over and can't find the cause ?

Been climbing all over the car sniffing it like a hound dog! The car is a

1.6 01 golf.

Any clues ?

Reply to
James

I assume you've been under the bonnet checking for signs of leakage? Check with the engine both running and not running

Normally dry parts being wet and suspiciously clean parts are always a giveaway.

Also check the seal in the filler cap.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Ahh I only looked while the engine was off. Also when I got round to checking I was low on daylight. So first thing in the morning will look again.

Thanks for the advice.

Reply to
James