Peugeot 106 Diesel diesel pump question

Hi all

I've just bought a 106 diesel 1.5 from '95 with 296000 km on the clock. While going throug the engine checking for water, oil etc. i've stumbled across two loose wires. One of them is black and it comes from a the back of the fuel pump towards the engine. It's attached to a round metal object sticking out on the rear right side of the fuelpump. It sparks when touching the engine and looks like a wire that has to be connected to the car frame. Anyone has any information about the fuel pump and the wiring on this?

Next off i have a wire with the standard connector plastic thing on. Its blue. Anyone have any information about where this one goes?

Reply to
OM

Sounds like that wire is for the fuel cut off soleniod which is there to stop the engine when you turn the ignition off.

Reply to
Conor

Conor skrev:

Thank you for the reply it I will try to disconnect it tomorrow and see if i can stop the engine. Do you have some kind og schematics on the type of pump i have on my car. As far as i can tell it's a Lucas pump..

Reply to
OM

It doesn't work 'that way round': if disconnected, no fuel can reach the injection-pump, i.e. the engine won't start, or, if running, stops almost instantly.

Except on 'turbo' versions, a single wire to the fuel solenoid is the only electrical connection.

Reply to
Peter Duck