Peugeot 306 "drumstick" removal

Hi all,

I need to install a steering boot on the NSF of my 306 1.9TD PS with the external ram. I got very close last night with a stretchy boot but split it on the steering ram bolt and rather have all that exhaustion again I wondered how I can split the tie-rod (drum stick) from the rack, as this should make installation much easier.

My understanding is that there is a locking tab somewhere but I'll be blown if I can see it.

Many thanks, Mark

Reply to
marpate1

OK - just found this ....

abouthalf way down the page ... should be easy now :D

Reply to
marpate1

nice link.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Thanks ... it took some finding :)

But, it wasn't easy. I couldn't remove the tie rod so had to install a much larger boot and tie-wrap it as tight as possible. It doesn't slip off so I hope is enough.

Cheers, Mark

Reply to
marpate1