Pinking MP3's

Anyone have any Mp3's or WAV's of what pinking sounds like?

Im still mystified by this exhaust rattle kind of sounds... but the thought that my engine is pinking horrifies me. But its been doing it since April so... And only since I had the front pipe of the exhaust changed.

Cya Simon

Reply to
Simon Dean

Hmm, coincidence? Ever thought of taking it back to the place that fitted it?

Reply to
Conor

Isn't the lamda sensor usually on the exhaust manifold / catalyst...

-- James

Reply to
James

I did. He told me the flange just before the Cat was leaking. This was caused by a blocked cat. So I got him to change the cat. It still rattles, and now he doesn't seem to be acknowledging the problem.

Cya Simon

Reply to
Simon Dean

Yes, lambda sensor is on the downpipe. I did also change the lambda sensor about a month after the rattling started as far as I recall. I did that because Nissan said it was, ahem, "failing". Even though the new one is behaving exactly the same in terms of operation!!!

Cya Simon

Reply to
Simon Dean

Is it a main dealer or a larger company? If so, put your concerns in writing to the managing director.

In practice they should investigate and report for free. Any other garage will do the same and give you ammunition.

Furthermore, it sounds as if you have had a couple of unnecessary repairs. I would ask for your money back on these. You could always ask for a contribution if you think you do not have a strong case.

Reply to
Alan

Well the exhaust issue, was done by lets say, a friend of the family kind of issue. Very small company. Any old non-nissan exhaust. Be hard to get my money back from that, but I am willing to forgo the cost of the exhaust on condition that the exhaust stops rattling (since it has all been replaced now).

As for the O2 sensor, yes, that was diagnosed as 'failing' by a Nissan main dealer. I replaced the part myself with a genuine Nissan replacement, which has exhibited the same actions. I put my concerns in writing to that particular Nissan garage, no comeback whatsoever.

But that's just another one for my "Nissan dealers are crap" file. Im sure I've recounted many times my issues with two other Nissan garages. one that diagnosed a faulty TPS, and then never set up the new one correctly so it kept jumping in and out of lock up (automatic car) on the motorway, and then being told by the service manager that I was wrong, that's the way the car is supposed to behave.

Then I went to another Nissan dealer who corrected the problem free of charge. Apart from, they never truly fixed it 100%. They never realised there were two screws for the TPS adjustment, and only managed to change the base setting to .40v or something.

So maybe the whole Nissan dealings should go to Nissan head office?

CHeers Simon

Reply to
Simon Dean