Polish for inside of car windows

I remember hearing a long time ago, that professional drivers like chauffeurs; never used any polish on the inside of the windows of their cars. Just a cloth dampened with water.

Is this still the case, or have polishes improved over the years; and now don't leave awkward residues?

Reply to
jim stone

I use absolutely f*ck all.

The only window in my car that gets a bit mucky is the windscreen & i use a simple cloth to clean it.

Why would you?

Reply to
Nige

Spooge.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

hehe - I always remember getting into a mates car in winter, the screen misted up instantly, revealing a pair of dainty footprints on the windscreen...

He looked rather flushed when i pointed them out :)

Reply to
Nige

White Vinegar in hot water and newspaper was what the Victorians used. It still works today and is being touted as an "ECO" friendly green cleaning method.

As for residue that needs some good old fashioned elbow grease.

Reply to
Peter Hill

I agree - hot water and white vinegar. You can buy glass cleaning sprays in the supermarkets that contain water and vinegar.

I use it on my laptop screen with great success.

Reply to
Hiram

Hiram wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

I use Mr. Muscle glass cleaner. Has vinegar in it, and wipe off with newspaper the old fashioned way. Any further slight marks are dealt with with a micro fibre cloth.

Reply to
Tunku