Pressing brake alters revs

My Laguna 1.6 is suffering a bit of power loss at higher revs, under load.

Tonight whilst sitting at lights I noted that: Car Idles at around 600 revs Press brakes, revs drop to 500 Let go of brakes, revs rise to around 800 then return to normal.

Never noticed this on any previuos car - could this be an indication of air leakage?

Reply to
Paul

a slight change of engine idle speed is normal when the brake is pressed on most cars

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Paul was thinking very hard :

That used to be normal on carb fitted engines, but I have not noticed it on injection engines with an ECU and some means to control the tick over speed.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield