Price for welding Fiesta MkV Zetec Sill/Seatbelt anchorage

Friend's 2000 Fiesta has just failed MoT due to rust in offside sill which is also also anchors the seatbelt. Tester (at council workshop) said welding 12 inches or so in should get it through another year. It's decades since I had such welding done so I'd welcome any guesstimates of the likely price bearing in mind (a) she's not looking to keep the car for more than another year but (b) OTOH it is in London.

Reply to
Robin

A nicely done job would be 250 quid.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Many thanks. I'll pass that on but suspect with the brake pipe and tyre also needed it'll tip the decision to scrap.

Reply to
Robin

Define nicely done?

Is that smooth with matching paint or a visible patch with black paint?

I find stripping the seats, rear quarter trim, peeling back or removing the carpet, sound deadening material from rocker panel and re-fitting it myself reduces the price a lot.

Reply to
Peter Hill