Primer and rain

If I have a bodypart in primer and I put it on my car awaiting a bodyshop apointment which is about 1 and half weeks. Would the rain do and damage to it ?

As I don't have anywhere to store it away from the elements.

So was just wondering if rain would damage it somehow ?

Reply to
James

Yes. Primer sucks up moisture like you wouldn't believe.

Reply to
Conor

Conor has said it all really. Primer is porous, so you'd be aswell leaving bare metal exposed, as you'll at least see the rust that way.

Reply to
moray

ok thanks.

Reply to
James

That reminds me of when I was in McDonald's drive thru watching cars go by, along came a Nissan 200SX in grey primer. The Mrs asked, 'What kind of Nissan is that?' and quick as a flash I replied 'A Primera'.

Reply to
Mark W

It can't be *that* bad as people wet sand primer. OTOH I wouldn't prime something then leave it in the rain.

Reply to
Doki