Primer Question

Hi All

I was wandering, does it matter what colour primer you use when spraying or will anyone do?

I am guessing one which isnt anywhere near the same colour as the car would be good as then you can tell when you have covered it all up?

Any hints on this would be good.

Thanks. Karl

Reply to
KP

If you bet the usual spray cans, there is a recommendation about the right colour of primer to use, either on the can, or a leaflet, or just the shelves at the stockist.

Reply to
R. Murphy

Well, the only common colours are grey and red. I just use grey for everything. You might need more topcoat when using a light colour over red, but not IMHO the other way round.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Yeah, well ive just used Grey now.... I did use Red and it kinda blended in with the body colour so it was hard to say when it was or wasnt done!

Thanks for the advice.

Reply to
KP