problem with my 1.6 renault scenic 97

Hi

My 1997 Scenic 1.6 has just started to occasionally splutter at low revs. Sometimes the idle drops, but more usually it happens when pulling from low revs it has a little miss. I have changed the HT leads and the plugs to see if this solves the problem, but Im not sure if I put the leads back in the same order. I have just presumed that they connect left to right the same as the 4 HT coil connectors are set out.

Anyway tried to start it this way but now wont fire, can anyone offer any good advice, or if Im posting to the wrong group can someone suggest the best group for my post.

Thanks for any good advice.

Lee

Reply to
lee

You need to know the firing order, it won't be 1-2-3-4 that's for sure. .

Reply to
Steve

I just got the right order by looking at autotrader website and pictures of engine bays of my model !!! anyway got my self up and running but still got the engine judder at low revs, bukaroo partner...

any ideas ? possible causes ?

thanks Lee

Reply to
lee

If it's the same setup as later (99-01) Megane/Scenics, the ignition coils are favourites to cause misfiring. I had to change my daughter's Megane coils for 2nd hand Denso ones off ebay to get reliabilty.

Reply to
Steve