Adjusting Windscreen wiper positioning ('97 Vauxhall Vectra)

Searched the newsgroups but no luck on this one, nor in the Haynes Manual: If the wiper is not covering as much of the driver side windscreen as you would like, leaving say a 1.5" uncleaned margin, how to adjust? Or are Vectra owners just stuck with this? Obviously if you make the margin too narrow, the fast wiper speed will have the wiper slapping the windscreen edge.

Cheers - Nigel

Reply to
Nigel R

The only adjustment available is the positioning of the wiper arms on their spindles.

The following is taken from the Vauxhall TIS disc. The measurements are from the top edge of the weatherstrip at the bottom of the windscreen, to the bottom edge of the fastening clip holding wiper blade onto the arm.

L/H/S 30mm/1.2in R/H/S 60mm/2.4in

HTH

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

Good info, Anthony. Measured it and both LHS and RHS are 1.75".

To attempt an adjustment I presume I would just remove the wiper from it's spline then replace it at a slightly different position on the spline?

Thanks

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel R