Pucture repaired by magic

Got called to the neighbours house the other day, as their citroen picasso had a puncture.

Expecting a heavy lifting job, but she produced a 'can' that connected to the tyre and then connected in line to a small electric pump that connected to a power socket inside the vehicle.

Even though the tyre was as flat as a pancake, it inflated and stayed up. How can something seal a tyre with such big gaps i ask myself.

Got to thinking something like this would get the wife home without me having to come out. Is there a make of such a 'magic can' that people would recommend to buy?

Reply to
john reeves

Not a recommendation as I've never used the product, but eBay item No

120579711415 seems to be what you're looking for. Mike.
Reply to
Mike G

Tyre fitters hate them, and some say they ruin the tyre. Having said that, I keep a can in my wife's car so she won't have to change the wheel.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Thanks. what make is it that you bought?

Reply to
john reeves

that is what the aa and a mobile phone are for

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Holts, IIRC.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Apart from the "connected in line to a small electric pump that connected to a power socket inside the vehicle" bit...wonder what that was all about?

Reply to
Paul

might it be like the thing that some mercedes come with? (some models have no spare wheel of any description)

Reply to
Mrcheerful

In article , Mike G writes

2.49 in my local Netto.
Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Like this?

No experience, carried a can of Holts Tyreweld for years and never used it, the two times I've ever had punctures were within two weeks of each other and I was able to fit the spare both times.

Reply to
bweebar