Pug 106 1.5 D (TUD5) Oil Leak

Folks,

After chatting on hear a while back about an oil leak I carried out a head gasket change. Now, all went well-ish with that, but A) I still have the oil leak, seem to me to be mainly onto the top of the clutch housing, but there is no OBVIOUS source....any known peculiarities with this model engine please?

B) Under constannt speed, and acceleratrion I occationaly get what I woudl call a mis-fire, where the car a petrol model....anyone able to advise what may be causing this pleae?

C) Thanks In Advance!

EricR

Reply to
EricR

Just a couple of suggestions, might not help because I'm not sure how similar XU and TU engines are.

I had a 205 that the rocker cover gasket leaked as standard, it was a 1.7XUD though. Changing it didn't help, use of some black silicone sealant did the trick.

Has your car got power steering? Some peugeots have the steering pump driven off the gearbox end of the camshaft. Suspect oil seal on the end of the camshaft?

My car also developed a leak in the fuel system which let air in and caused the car to occasionally stall at idle once it got really bad. Air/fuel looked like it was about 50/50 by this point in the fuel line, I was amazed.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne