Corsa power steering

Anyone know if it can be retro fitted to older Corsa's ?

Reply to
Geoff

Not that I am aware. It presumably could be done but it would cost a fortune.

Reply to
Alan

Probably cheaper/easier to sell and buy a Corsa with the features you want - plenty around

Reply to
Ben Organ

-> Not that I am aware. It presumably could be done but it would cost a

->fortune.

Thanks for that, my mother loves her Corsa but needs power steering, I'm guessing it just needs a rack and pump from a later model but I've never played with Vauxhalls so I don't know how interchangeable these parts are or how much of a PITA it would be to swap them over.

The problem is her Corsa is worth nothing because of it's age but it's only done

20k and is mint so it seems a shame to get shot of it just because she now finds the streering to heavy.
Reply to
Geoff

You could just try upping the tyre pressures a wee bit on the front - can make an amazing difference, especially if they are a bit inderinflated at present. If she only does local journeys, try going up about 4psi over standard - which is about the pressure increase which would occur on a long journey.

Reply to
Bob Davis