pug 106 Poss Headgasket fail??

brief synopsis...

1994 (old shape) pug 106, just over heated on trip out (hold up)

I've just checked there was a little oil on the water (but it also looks like someone's put radweld (or similar) in there) so its all Gunky..

both oil cap and rad cap have the "tell tale" Meyo on it, but not a lot of...

IMHO the fact its in both means its deffo headgasket (I'm no expert though)

cars done over 100K (1.1 engine)

I recon its a dump n replace?? but like I say, I'm not an expert..

Lost

Reply to
Lostin1999

You are now. As I've said before, why do they construct engines with detachable heads? It's a weak point (like cambelts). DaveK.

Reply to
davek

If the head wasn't detachable you wouldn't be able to change the gasket :-))

Reply to
shazzbat

You're right, didn't think of that! DaveK ;-)

Reply to
davek