pug 306D smelly heater

Hi

I hope someone can help me ! When I switch the heat on I can smell a funny smell for the first few seconds, I suppose it must be a coolant leek in the matrix but from looking at the haynes manual this not a trivial thing to get at ( I would have to remove the entire facia ) The coolant does not seem to be going down abnormally ( probably used about

300ml in 20k miles ) and the system seems to pressurise ok.. is there some sort of other test I could do ?

Simon

Reply to
uk.rec.motorcycles

funny smell when heat on? in most cars(you can verify this in your haynes) coolant circulates reaches the matrix control valve on side of matrix whether you turn the heat on or off.so if you have a leak it would probably leak regardless of heat on or off.

i think its a moth or something that is stuck in the matrix and gets cooked when you turn heat on.

does the funny smell occur early > Hi

Reply to
beerismygas

Yes I think the matriix stay hot all the time in the Pugeot. ( I can't see any valves in the coolant hose any way) The smell does not really smell like the coolant and it only happens once the engine is hot i think. I dont rekon I will be taking it apart in a hurry anyway, hopefully what ever it is will go away ?

Reply to
uk.rec.motorcycles

You could always try some air-conditioning disinfectant. I guess it would neutralise any organic matter that had built up on the heater matrix rather than the evaporator.

-Mark

Reply to
Mark Rae

why did you choose "uk.rec.motorcycles" as your screen name? it is very confusing. i thought my newsgroup software was corrupted and was going to resintall it. please change it out of courtesy.

Reply to
beerismygas