Radio code

Hi, I've got a "Gelhard" stereo in a Pug bought from auction, was running ok but then the battery was run flat one night, now it needs a code & guess what, we have no paper work with the car! Checked on the body & it's not written there, does anyone know of a Gelhard site or address? I've looked around & can't find anything, if I do find something I hope they don't charge like Ford, don't think the unit is worth it!

Cheers

Reply to
Robin W

If its an original stero for the Pug (ie. not been changed since production), then your Pug garage may/should be able to help. They provided me with the necessary radio code when we bought our car from them (they did it free as they didn't know the number when they gave us the car and had to do a lookup).

David Hearn

Unfortunatly no, it's a replacement, I do have one I can sling in that will work for the moment, seems a shame to throw a perfectly good one though!!

Reply to
Synaptic Flow

Do you have a model number for it?

David Hearn

Hella LtdWildmere Industrial Estate, Banbury, Oxon, OX16 7JU01295 272233 (Trade Name: Gelhard)

They may be able to help....

David Hearn

One final thing (honest!), there are some places that can do it for you - one such place is

£30 for a collect and return service. They're based in Croydon, and can do it there for £20 if you bring it in.

David Hearn

Ta, I'll look into contacting the manufacturer first :)

Reply to
Synaptic Flow

Have you taken the radio out at all? - might be worth doing so and having a look at the casing - I had a similar problem with a S/H car and found the previous owner had written the radio code on the casing with a felt-tip .....!

Reply to
R. Murphy

have done, no such luck!!

Reply to