1992 XJ6 Radio Code

I just brought a 1992 XJ6 and the radio code does not appear to work. the battery dies so I got it changed. The code for the radio was written on the manual. I tired the code and all I get is a wait message. I tried to enter the code again and I entered the wrong one by accident -- got the same wait message. Is there anyway to find out the radio code without having to go to the dealership?

Reply to
Schooby