306 radio code

Hi Hi,

I'm a girl so appologies if I get all my car terms all wrong and stuff!!!

I had a huge wiring problem on my pug 306 (L reg), i.e. I had a huge burn out and it caused my radio, heater and fans, central locking and imobiliser thing to not work, pug garage said I was very lucky my car didn't start on fire so I'm very fortunate that THAT didn't happen! Anyhow, I didn't have the code for the radio and asked them to look into it for me but they said I didn't have a serial number on the side of the radio (How Strange as its the original radio!!!) so they couldn't find it out for me, I've been told that the VIN number on my car should be enough for me to get the code.... Is this correct or am I a lost cause?! I've rung up PUG too to see if they could find the code just on car model and reg but they couldn't find it!

I am at a loss just now.....

Can anyone offer me any suggestions!?!?!

Sad pug owner!

Reply to
Pug gettin me down! via CarKB.com

forgot to add, now cos my radio isn't working I don't have the flashing light which shows my car alarm thing is activated so thats a bummer too! I also have no clock (is this tied in with the radio??) AND on top of that, they say my infrared thing is broke so I need a replacement cos my central lock fob thing doesn't work!

At the mo I just want my radio to work again and maybe my clock, still considering if I should get my key locking fob thing in my car ceiling fixed or will all of this tie in when I get the code to my radio!?!?

Sad Pug User.

Reply to
Pug gettin me down! via CarKB.com

I drew a blank with Pug when I bought a car without a radio code but this lot helped me out

at the time they were based in Sheffield but they have moved to Swansea. They are a one man and his van kind of outfit and when he did mine I mentioned he was much cheaper than anybody in London [1] and he said it was often cheaper to post a radio to him so he could read the code off it.

[1] My parent's live in Sheffield I'm in London.
Reply to
Phil Cook

First of all the clock and remote locking are not connected to the radio, are you sure that no fuses have blown?

When you switch on the radio what do you see? Does it ask for a code, or is the display blank? If the latter then you probably have lost power to it, which might also account for the clock not working.

Have you seen the radio out of the car? You would need to confirm the manufacturer (Clarion, Philips etc) and type number (PUxxxx?)

Some codes are worked out from the serial number, but as yours has none, it might be another type where you have to look inside at the circuit board and check the combination of 8 or 10 connection links. This in turn allows someone with the right software to work out the security code. I managed to decode a 106 radio from a scrapyard this way. If it is the type where you have to look at the circuit board, then anyone doing the decoding will have to see the radio, hence the need to send it away. The other way is to buy a more standard radio and fit it. You can get the surround adaptor plastic from many auto radio places, and on Ebay which would be cheaper. In fact, if you do a search for "306 radio" on Ebay, you might find one complete with code, cheaper than the cost of getting yours decoded.

Best of luck,

Brian.

Reply to
brian

I've got the code free for my 306s by simply calling the original supplying dealer - check your service book (or rear window sticker & number plate if original) for their telephone number. Just a 2 minute call providing the registration and VIN and they should provide it there and then. The response you got from Pug themselves is dependent on the operator you speak to - they're not the most clued up of people!

Reply to
daddyfreddy