Radio noise when braking?

Just started today. A hissing noise on FM as soon as I touch the brake pedal. Just testing; much more noise on MW, and clicking noises on LW. What is causing this? A duff capacitor somewhere?

Reply to
johannes

At a guess, pad wear wires starting to short through the disk, but not (yet) enough to actually illuminate the light.

Reply to
Adrian

OK, thanks for that. Yeah that could explain the sudden appearance of the noise. But the brakes also activate the brake light circuit, but then that happens all the time when you brake.

Sorry for forgetting to use the 'Followup' button in Thunderbird.

Reply to
johannes

so disconnect the brake light switch and see if the noise is still there

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Not the brake lights on the back of the car, the warning light on the dash. The "pads nearly worn out" sensor wire in the pad is probably starting to make contact with the disc.

Reply to
Adrian

Static?

Played havoc with my ham radio receiver when I worked mobile, but that was AM, I don't think it affects FM.

Reply to
Gordon H

It's an electrical side effect of the trigger mechanism that operative #9 installed to check if your car speed falls below 50mph. The static noise on your radio is the least of your problems. Question, do you have Sandra Bullock with you?

Reply to
Adrian C

Happened friday when driving home from work. Today the noise has gone. Do you think it is extra terrestical?

Reply to
johannes