Re: Air-con problems

Thus spake Mark Hewitt ( snipped-for-privacy@markhewittdotcodotuk.spammers.will.die) unto the assembled multitudes:

My A/C is on all the time. In the summer it cools me down, in the winter it > de-mists.

And uses 10% more fuel...

Reply to
A.Clews

assembled multitudes:

In theory. In practice my girlfriends (1.6 petrol) car does 45-46mpg with the air con off and 45 with it on permanently. We've tested this over at least 10K motorway miles. My brothers Hilux (3ltr TD), in permanent 4wd mode, does 24mpg with the air con on or off.

Coyoteboy

Coyoteboy ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Don't you breath in it? Do you never get into it wet from rain?

Reply to
Adrian

the assembled multitudes:

Driving about with the windows open uses 10% more fuel too.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

I'm good at holding my breath :-) lol. But in all honesty yes i do get in in the rain etc but i never find any requirements for more than just a half-fan setting on normal heater to maintain mist-free-ness.

Coyoteboy

But its far more satifying! Nothing better than wind in your hair. At least until it gets REALLY hot - then you just want air con on max lol.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Keeping your windows clean inside helps a lot.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

10% more fuel than what?
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The message from Adrian contains these words:

Perhaps he's cold blooded...one of David Icke's lizards.

Reply to
Guy King

Damn, need to find a new rock to hide under now.

Reply to
Coyoteboy