Re: Anoraks

> Some of you do n ot seem to be interested in cars, but nip picking.

Do you mean nit? or are you being offensive about people that own Japanese cars now?

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I think that might be an irrelivent point. An error rather than an ettiquete or spelling mistake.

Like shooting fish in a barrel. :-) Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

However, from what I've seen in another group recently, claiming to be a 'scientist' in a non-scientific group should be taken as a warning to the regulars to get the killfiles warmed up!

Reply to
Zathras

See I can bottom post if I wish, just don't like been bullied. I do seem to have elicited a response! How sad that you do not confine yourselves to the subject matter of the newsgroup. Have you really nothing better to do? I just see it as light relief and a bit of fun, and I certainly do not take your remarks seriously. I have had a recent bereavement in the family, which makes all this seem so trivial, and puts all of this in to perspective, EG Nip, ot Nit picking, does it really matter?

With regard to my degree, so maybe it is not convention to put it after my name, but then, I have earned the right to do so. Again, it's not really important and I only did it as I suspected someone would "bite" You are all so predictable. Incidentally, my degree is in science with physics bias, not that it matters, who gives a **** I did not, however, lie about it, whats the point. Now, please confine your energies to something more productive, that this trivia.

Regards Rod (or Pat if you prefer my weekend name, when I become Patrica) LOL

Reply to
Pat Crouch

OK. You've had the benefit of doubt, now you're kill-filed. Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

That explains the confusion.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
Mrcheerful

You're the only one I can see who is taking it seriously.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Any of that stuff exists on usenet by accident. Its main purpose is as a vehicle to showcase one's knowledge of proper formatting of posts on usenet.

Reply to
Mark W

I am sure the more astute of you, will recognise that!

Incidentally, to those so educated, you will recognise that the maths of electronics, science and mechanical engineering (IE Cars) is the same (EG second order systems), is the same, so design engineers share a commoninality. So, come on you lot, lighten up FF sake.

PS so I am going to be Zapped or whatever fate awaits me, for having my own opinion, and not being a sheep, well Baaaa. Your loss, not mine.

Regards Rod (or Pat) LOL

Reply to
Pat Crouch

So, I have been kill-filed, does it hurt? will I need anethisia? whooo you are awful, but I like you LOL

Reply to
Pat Crouch

Have a nice life

Rodders

Reply to
Pat Crouch

Couldn't agree more. I often delete this group due to getting fed up with the same 10 posters pedantically replying with unhelpful nonsense. It can be useful, but would be far better without the unfriendly and unhelpful regulars.Surely they have something better to occupy their time?

Graham

Reply to
Graham

In message , Graham writes

Oh my God you've done it now! You have instigated the uk.rec.cars.maintenance official top ten obnoxious posters.

You do realise that we will all be trying to "out-pedant" each other to try and reach the cherished No.1 spot.

My money is on SteveH this week. Anyone that actually likes all that Italian crap has every justification for being obnoxious to everyone else.

I think PeteM could give him a run for his money though. We all know that people who drive big gas guzzling 4x4's are inconsiderate bastards at the best of times

;)

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Chris Whelan (Chris Whelan ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

What took you so long?

Reply to
Adrian

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Paul Giverin, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

*Proud to be second*
Reply to
Pete M

The tolerance of old age ;-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

That just means you are the first of the loosers. :-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

'Pedant mode on' I think you mean 'losers' Pedant mode off

Mrcheerful

Reply to
Mrcheerful

In message , Mrcheerful writes

Was that an official bid for the number 3 spot?

Reply to
Paul Giverin

It may have been. I would be incapable of saying.

Mrcheerful (C&G)

Reply to
Mrcheerful