Re: OT MOT on cars

I've been driving since 1967 and not had an accident yet so BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ...

Reply to
Berty Blenkinsop

Why are you proud of this? Most people bump into stuff now and again.

-- =

Riots in Birmingham last month caused over =A31 million worth of improve= ments.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

I am not 'most people'. I am someone with an excellent drivers record which you are obviously jealous of.

Reply to
Berty Blenkinsop

No, you're one of those buggers that stops at red lights when it's clear and gets in my way. You stick to the speed limit and get in my way. You don't drive at the limits of your car's and your abilities or you'd have the odd bump.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

I'd love to listen to you come out with this crap on a drivers test.

Reply to
Berty Blenkinsop

Rubbish, the fails and advisories are printed out by the MOT computer and you can actually look back for a number of years and see them for any car.

Reply to
Steve Walker

That's when you actually get the MOT pass. Why would they use a computer when they aren't passing the car? The mechanic knows what the car needs to pass, so he does all those tests. Nobody but him and anybody else in the room knows that car has been looked at.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

Everybody knows you lie on drivers tests.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

Really? Why should I do that?

Reply to
Berty Blenkinsop

Because nobody actually drives like you're meant to. 10 to 2 position and all that shit.

Back to the original conversation - another possibility. You take your car in for an MOT, and it fails. It costs too much to bother fixing, so you're going to get a new one. This will take a while to find one you like, so you use your old car for the remainder of it's old MOT. Everybody does it.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

Reply to
Berty Blenkinsop

Oh dear, the mere thought of bending a rule makes you vomit. You really are pathetic. Are you a human or a robot? Or perhaps an obedient government controlled automaton?

Reply to
James Wilkinson