Re: Peugeot 405 diesel filter change probs

Hi,

>Today i changed all the filters on my 405 1.9 '93K. >Took the old diesel filter off, full off diesel, put the new one on, empty, >now the car wont start, im limited as to what i can try at the moment as i >have flattened the battery and have it on charge, so before i waste any more >time when i return i thought id get my facts in order. >I assumed it would sort itself out, but obviously not, there is a plunger on >the top which i have plunged, and a screw on the bottom, i have plunged with >and without this screw open, what should i be doing so it will fire up when >i get the battery back in. >Thanks >Rick > >PS if anyone knows the brake bleeding sequence on this also i would be >grateful. > >

I thought that all the facelift models had the fuel filter in a plastic pot on the thermostat housing. If this is the case, then there is a bulb on top of the drivers side engine mount. You should pump this until it goes hard. The engine will then start as normal. If you're not sure that anything is getting through then loosen the union on the fuel pump and watch the fuel leak when you pump whatever you're car is fitted with. The screw on the fuel filter is just to let water out.

Reply to
yeha