Re: Pug 205 Electrics Fault

Had the exact same problem with my indicators - discovered it to be the actual hazard switch - replaced and all fixed. It was affecting the hazards and indicators.

Hi excuse my prolonged absence, i lost the group name ...durrr! > > anyways, i have been asked to sell a friends pug 205 h reg > > not bad condition done less miles than my S plate corsa, but it had a > snapped cam belt, so thinking nothing to loose i put a cam belt set the > timing, said a pryar..... and it started! > > anyways enough of this irellivent gibber. > > now it wants a ticket, no prob except for the indicators, when i press the > stalk the lil green dah light comes on, but the lamps dont, the grenn lamp > dont flash the lamps themselves dont do anything! > > nor the 4 way flash... > simple relay job me thinks > > well possibly i havent had chance to get a relay, > > but i was meddling around like you do, and i recall they work if you pull > out another fuse ( 1 particular fuse - cant remeber which) > > im gonna try and get it to my house this week if i can, so i can have a poke > and a play with the test lamp, but id appricate any readers suggestions/ > circuit diagrams...... > > my first port of call is going to be make sure the plugs are all plugged in > correctly.... > > oh that and the locking mech on the rear pass door is jammed....yep jammed > locked.... any suggestions on how to un jam? > > TIA > > Tom > > > > >
Reply to
Ed Parkin

do w unplug the switch and see what happens to fault the switch??

or like on my corsa does the switch have to be plugged in to make the indicators work?

Reply to
Tom Burton

"Tom Burton" mumbled:

True of most systems. Take the hazard switch out and nothing happens anywhere.

Very common on Corsas, and on many other vehicles as well. The switch doesn't get a lot of use (unless you're one of these people who use hazards as a parking permit) and packs up almost as soon as you use it.

Try waggling the button.

Reply to
Guy King