petrol syphoning

Hello All I wonder if anybody can help, my son who has just started a new job and now has a comp car, he has tried to syphon his petrol from his car to the comp car, he as a full tank in his car which is an Vauxhall astra L reg, but only seems to be able to syphon a couple of gallons,what we want to know, is there a restrictor in the tank which prevents the syphoning ? or is there a simple answer to the problem, all help appreciated

Reply to
Pat Ronise

Yes, they'll be an anti-syphon device, but why not just add the cost of the petrol to the price of the car when he sells it? Or use it up himself?

Reply to
Scott M

That would be a new one in a car advert ..... car has a full tank of petrol :-)

Reply to
Spares Or Repair

Put container under engine bay. Pull off fuel feed pipe and lower it to container. Fuel will flow by gravity. When container full, lift up pipe and flow will stop. Saves that petrol in mouth flavour which isn't nice. DaveK.

Reply to
DaveK

Interestingly enough, whenever I sell a car I make sure it has a full tank of fuel. I also make sure any car I buy has the same, or the relevant amount deducted off the price of the car - after all, it's a bit nasty to ask someone to fork out money for a car and then have to fork out more to fill it up straight away.

Tom.

Reply to
Tom Saul

Don't know. Last one I did was a Renault van when the cambelt broke. First thought was the fuel pump had packed up so pulled off the fuel pipe to check there was petrol available. DaveK.

Reply to
DaveK