Re: Renault 19 rear brake shoes

It's possible to have a composite system on these cars, part Bendix, part

> Girling. I think the only sure way to know whether the actual bit you want > is Bendix or Girling is to take it off and match it up at the spares > counter. I had one of these cars (Savannah) and found this to be the best > way. > > Rob Graham

Hello, You can tell by the wheel cylinder shape. Stick your head under the rear wheel and have a look at where the brake pipe enters the wheel cylinder. The part of the cylinder that you can see on the backplate beneath the 2 mounting bolts will either be round or a flattened oval shape one is Bendix the other is Girling, but I can't remember which is which. Check it out then go to your spares shop and get them to look up cylinders in their book. You can tell from picture.Girling cylinder = Girling shoes, Bendix = Bendix. You'll probably find the cylinders leaking anyway ( renault being crap ) Renault do a kit with shoes pre-assembled with new springs and cylinders included. Worth comparing prices. Good luck.

Reply to
not-a-rip-off

You'll probably find the

I must say, I had my Savannah for 13 years and never had any leaking wheel cylinders. I had to replace the m/cyl once. The car was magnificently reliable. I've now made it into a buggy, so in a sense I still have it.

Rob

Reply to
Robin Graham

Reply to