Astra engine electronics problem

I've got a 1996 Astra 2.0 Sport (X20XEV engine). Late last year the engine would hesitate from time to time, then recover, though the "engine electronics" amber warning light would remain on until the engine was switched off. On a couple of occasions it stalled and was difficult to restart.

The car was serviced in January and the service people made a "mod to the throttle position sensor". The problem went away, but has started to happen again over the last week or so. I'd like to take it back to them but would appreciate any info on what the problem might be (and any potential solutions) so I can make sensible decisions about what to let them do.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Julian Scarfe

Reply to
Julian Scarfe