Re: Vectra 1.8 Fog Light Fuse

I had a problem a few weeks ago with identifying a blown bulb. Very kindly

> I had quite a few helpful replys, and a few humourous ones! > > Anyway, whilst I was checking for the faulty bulb (which gave me a warning > symbol on the dash) I noticed that the left hand rear fog bulb did not > appear to be working either. So I swapped it with a known working one, but > still no joy. I thought it may be a fuse problem, but although the owners > manual tells me I have three fuse boxes, none of them appear to contain > the fuse for the fog lights... > > Any ideas..? > > Tony

Sorry I can't help with the fuse location, but it is fairly unlikely that each side is fused independently. On the assumption that the right rear fog light is working OK, your fault is probably not a blown fuse.

Bear in mind that some manufacturers don't bother with a working N/S rear fog light on some models as it is not a legal requirement in the UK. Sometimes the wiring is present with no bulb holder, sometimes the bulbholder is in the cluster but not wired!

If you want to investigate further, make or buy a simple test lamp, earth one side of it and then test for voltage from the bulb holder back through the wiring loom.

HTH

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Vectra-C?

If the bulb warning indicator isn't on, then that fog light isn't programmed in the software, so the Rear Electrical Cluster(REC) ignores it.

All the rear bulbs are driven electronically by the REC, which has built in circuit protection in the event of a short circuit on the bulb circuits, so the lights are not directly fused.

Reply to
moray