Rear screen damage

A week ago I was the innocent party in a minor accident. Another car ran into the back of mine damaging the rear hatch, lower rear panel and boot floor. Today the rear screen disintegrated almost a week after the accident.

How likely is it that the original shunt could have created some kind of stress in the hatch which caused the screen to collapse 6 days after the shunt? Has anybody had any similar experience to confirm this possibility?

Car is a Peugeot 106 in nice condition. Any relevant comments welcome.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

I had a Shitroen AX whose rear screen shattered for no reason 7 days after purchase - my dads' next door neighbour used to drive car delivery trucks and apparently it was quite a common occurrence for them to go without them ever having been "on the road"

Reply to
Colin Wilson

I've seen loads of Saxos and AXs shatter their rear screens in car washes.

Reply to
SteveH

also glass is the only thing that holds the boot together on an AX - comedy moment when the lid drops off.....

Reply to
john

Tell me about it... compounded by the garage trying to use a paint pen (of the wrong colour !) to repair the damaged paintwork, and not removing a lot of the glass because "they didn't have a nozzle for the hoover"

I don`t have a lot of luck with garages, do I :-}

Reply to
Colin Wilson