recommend-me-do: brakes

The message from Paul Giverin contains these words:

Easier on the ears, too. Even with muffs on wanging 'em with a hammer is noisy.

Reply to
Guy King

Guy King ( snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

And was MUCH more satisfying an image to behold...

Reply to
Adrian

The message from Adrian contains these words:

Discuss.

Reply to
Guy King

Were £15 on my Fords...

Reply to
Doki

I can't remember exactly how much they were on my Mk5 (00/W) Fiesta van, but I remember both the front pads and discs were a fair bit more than I'd expected. In hindsight, the discs, although they had a bit of a lip, had a fair bit more life and it was probably wasting money changing them then. Ah well, you live and learn.......

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Strange - my sister's on her third 206SW - not one of them has made it to

15k milse yet before totally failling in one way or another......perhaps you got the one good one!

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

Blimey! What sort of faults?

Reply to
Doctor D

Ohh all sorts - mostly crappy electrical/engine management ones.

Her first one spent 3 solid months at the dealers over it's first 6 months of life before her taking it back and abandoning it on the forcourt in disgust. The odometer kept adding/subtracting miles on it's own, the engine kept going into "get you home mode" and then dropping back into normal on it's own, the stereo almost burned the car out, the cat failled (later blamed on the engine managmenet) and it got down to a respctable 6mpg!

The second one did the same.

Third one has been OK for a few months but the other morning went into "get you home" mode on the way to her work - and has done similar things since.....

All made on a Friday I reckon (or any working day in france!)

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

So why does she keep buying them? I can see you *might* just consider a second after a poor experience with the first, but a third?

Reply to
Ian Edwards

She doesn't but since Peugeot seem unwilling to refund her any money instead just keep replacing the car - she's somewhat stuck. Trading standards have been involved and their view of things is "interesting" but they think any action will be more effort than it's worth...

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

Oh, I see. Perhaps her best course of action is to set fire to it! ;o)

No, wait, it's a Peugeot, don't they suffer from spontaneous combustion anyway? IIRC, there was a BBC Watchdog programme about a year ago talking about Peugeot 307's catching fire when parked. Your sister's car was a 206 though wasn't it? - Still, she can always hope I suppose.

Reply to
Ian Edwards

The stereo in the first one nearly did that for them - pity it didn't really..

Cheers dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon