Removing double-sided tape

The previous owner of a car I've just bought has made a very untidy job of fixing the rear number plate with double-sided tape. I'd like to start again. How do I get the old tape off without damaging the paintwork?

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

wd40 is quite a help

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Or meths

Reply to
James

Hairdryer or careful use of a heat gun.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Someone will be along shortly to tell you "WD" stands for water dispersant, so it can't be used for anything else. :-)

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Sla#s

Get a life.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

and it will cause any electrical items on the car to spontaneously combust or disintegrate.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Copious amounts of White spirit on a cloth and plenty of rubbing will usually work. Failing that chose a hot day or a hair dryer and rub the tape off with your finger. I wouldn't use a hot air gun of the paint remover type - it is rather too easy to get things too hot.

Reply to
Peter Parry

National Aeronautics and Space Administration (U.S.A) says it's a water displacement and cannot be used for anything else..... :)

Reply to
john brook

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "john brook" saying something like:

They'd be right, it's crap.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon