Stick on number plates ?

Hi Just got the missus a Volvo 850 estate and the rear number plate is discloured cracked etc and needs replacing. It is not screwed on at all so must be stuck on in some way. I've noticed that it is quite common but I have never done one like this before.

So assuming I can find the V5, drivers licence, passport, utility bill and urine sample and can get a new plate - how do you stick them on ! Glue ? Double sided tape ?

Thanks for any tips

-- JohnB

Reply to
JohnB

JohnB ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Don't forget the signed affidavit from all eight of your great grandparents.

Double-sided tape. Halfrauds et al should stock it.

Reply to
Adrian

The factors where you get the plate made will probably stock the double sided pads. This was the case when I last had a plate made (pre-interrogation days!)

Reply to
Doctor D

Pritt tabs.

Reply to
gazzafield

Self-adhesive pads are readily available, but to make a proper job out of it you'll want to remove the old ones properly first. Get yourself a can of brake cleaner, a few rags, and a plastic ice scraper. It's a pain and will take a while, but after about half an hour (maybe a tad longer) you should get them off.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

On 7 Oct 2005 03:48:58 -0700, JohnB thumped out with their fat fingers:

The plates I get from here come with a screw fitting kit and sticky double sided pads

BORG

Get a bottle of 'Sticky Stuff Remover', it does exactly what it says and removes all kinds of sticky residues. You just need to wipe over with a rag or paper towel soaked in it.

-Mark

Reply to
Mark Rae

Double sided tape ?

Best is 3M's double sided tape, exterior use. I've only seen it at caravan dealer shops. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

Where do you get that from then?

Reply to
SimonJ

- no proof required.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Tom Burton

Ryman's sell it as well.

-Mark

Reply to
Mark Rae

Note that most label removers are quite oily so give it a rub down with alcohol to degrease it before attaching new ones.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Tim S Kemp