Renault Espace Noise

Hi,

I have a '00 Espace 2.2DT, which has 57k miles on it. It has developed a rattle type noise (the sort of noise you would get if you run a stick along some wooden railings) which sounds as if it is coming from the engine bay.

The noise is more pronouced when the engine is cold, but is still around when warm. When cold it occurs whilst engaging/dis-engaging the clutch, I can also get is to sound when say in 4th gear at lightly taking foot of the accelerator.

Sorry to be so vauge but do you have any ideas?

Many thanks

Paul

Reply to
Kipster